In the literature on Elizabeth Lucas / Pinkney plantation in South Carolina list three separate sites:
 Garden Hill on the Combahee River
 Waccamaw on the Santee River and
 Wappo on the junction of the Ashley River and Wappo creek
Number 3 WAPPOO (Ashley/Wappoo Creek)
West Ashley or as it is more formally known, west of the Ashley is one of the six distinct areas of the city proper of Charleston, South Carolina, with an estimated 2016 population of 75,144. Its name is derived from the fact that the land is west of the Ashley River.
Flanked by the scenic waterfront vistas and marshes of the Ashley and Stono Rivers and ancient moss draped oak trees, initial neighborhoods west of the Ashley were developed in the 1950’s with its largest growth occurring throughout the 1970s and 80s. As Interstate 526 (I-526) was built in the early 1980’s and the South Carolina Highway 461 (SC 461 (Glenn McConnell Parkway) was built in the 1990s to help alleviate traffic on the historic SC 61 (Ashley River Road) corridor, the area saw explosive residential and commercial growth. Major retailers located in the community as land needed for "big box" stores was not available on the historic downtown Charleston peninsula.
West Ashley's original neighborhoods line (U.S. Route 17 (US 17; Savannah Highway)) in an area closest to the historic Charleston peninsula. Its first retail district, built in the 1950s, is seeing a revitalization with many art and design oriented businesses having located there in recent years.
West Ashley is the area where Darius Rucker, lead singer of the band Hootie and the Blowfish grew up. He graduated from Middleton High School. Stephen Colbert host of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on CBS is also a graduate of Porter-Gaud School located in West Ashley.
The community formerly served by two public high schools is now served by one, West Ashley High School with 2017 students and 135 full-time teachers. West Ashley High School was created by the merging of Middleton and St. Andrews High School. There are also seven public elementary schools (Drayton Hall, Springfield, St. Andrews School of Math and Science, Oakland, Stono Park, Orange Grove, and Ashley River Creative Arts), four public middle schools (C.E. Williams, Orange Grove, Montessori Community School, and West Ashley) and numerous private schools in the West Ashley area including Porter-Gaud School, a K-12 grade college preparatory school founded in 1867.
The community's major arteries include SC 7 (Sam Rittenberg Boulevard), SC 61 (Ashley River Road), US 17 (Savannah Highway), SC 461 (Paul Cantrell Boulevard/Glenn McConnell Parkway), and I-526. It is also served by the West Ashley Greenway, a popular rail trail that parallels Savannah Highway. West Ashley is home to the region's largest indoor shopping mall, Citadel Mall and the city's newest hospital, Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital which, along with the mall, is also one its largest employers. WCSC-TV Channel 5, the area's CBS affiliate and first television station to sign on the air in Charleston in 1953 moved to a newly-constructed broadcast facility in West Ashley in 1997. West Ashley also has an independent community newspaper called West Of, which publishes news pertaining to the area on a weekly basis.
West Ashley is not a self-governed city or town. The majority of the area west of the Ashley is located within the city limits of Charleston, with a few remaining pockets in unincorporated Charleston County that are served by the Saint Andrews Public Service District who provides municipal services for those outside the city limits
West Ashley is noted as the birthplace of Charleston as English colonists established the first permanent settlement in the Carolina colony there in 1670. Local Native Americans, particularly the Kiawah Indians, led the colonists from the ship Carolina to a suitable settling ground. It is thought they were especially welcomed by the Indians because the local natives feared constant raids by the slaving Westo Indians from Georgia (originally known as the Erie Indians), and sought protection. The 663-acre (2.68 km2) area where the settlers first stepped ashore along the banks of the Ashley River has been preserved as a state historic site known as Charles Towne Landing which features Charleston's only zoo, beautiful gardens, and a reproduction seventeenth century sailing vessel among other historical and educational amenities. A few skirmishes took place there in the American Revolution, specifically at Rantowles Creek, where William Washington defeated cavalry forces under Banastre Tarleton, and at Old St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church during the 1780 Siege of Charleston. Some military activity took place here during the Civil War, and the area had several batteries, including those at Fort Bull (near present-day Bees Ferry Road), but no major battles occurred. Sherman's forces did burn down Middleton Place Plantation in the 1865 march to the sea. The Charleston and Savannah Railway extended from downtown to West Ashley during the nineteenth century, and the Union had attempted to cut it off in 1864, but were beaten back at the Battle of Burden's Causeway on nearby Johns Island.
Ashley Hall Plantation and Magnolia Plantation and Gardens are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
According to their website Wappoo Hill Plantation was NOT the Lucas plantation
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Number 2 there is a Waccamaw River and a Santee River to the North of Charleston
The Santee River is a river in South Carolina in the United States, 143 miles (230 km) long. The Santee and its tributaries provide the principal drainage for the coastal areas of southeastern South Carolina and navigation for the central coastal plain of South Carolina, emptying into the Atlantic Ocean approximately 440 miles (708 km) from its farthest headwater on the Catawba River in North Carolina. The Santee River is the second largest river on the eastern coast of the United States, second only to the Susquehanna River in drainage area and flow. Much of the upper river is impounded by the expansive, horn-shaped Lake Marion reservoir, formed by the 8-mile (13 km)-long Santee Dam. It was built during the Great Depression of the 1930s as a Works Progress Administration (WPA) project to provide a major source of hydroelectric power for the state of South Carolina.
The Santee is formed in central South Carolina 25 miles (40 km) southeast of Columbia by the confluence of the Wateree and Congaree rivers. It flows southeast for 5 miles (8 km) before entering the northwest corner of Lake Marion, which stretches in a long wide arc to the southeast for approximately 30 miles (48 km) to Santee Dam. A navigable diversion canal first built in the 1970s at the southern tip of the lake connects to Lake Moultrie, a reservoir on the nearby Cooper River. The modern canal is operated by Santee Cooper as part of the larger hydroelectric project on both rivers. The dam was finished in 1941.
Downstream from the reservoir it flows east, then southeast, forming the northeast boundary of Francis Marion National Forest. Approximately 10 miles (16 km) from its mouth it bifurcates into two channels, called the North Santee and South Santee, that flow parallel and separated by approximately 2 miles (3 km), creating Cedar Island. The two channels reach the ocean at Santee Point, approximately 15 miles (24 km) south of Georgetown, and not far from the mouth of the Pee Dee River.
The river was named by early English settlers after the Santee tribe, which inhabited areas on the middle part of the river. The first European contact was by a Spanish party led by Lucas Vázquez de Ayllón in 1526. The Spaniards called the river the Jordan in honor of the Jordan River.
After suffering a defeat by the English and their allies during the Yamasee War in 1715–1716, the Santee were relocated. Many were shipped as slaves to the West Indies, opening up the river for British settlement as part of the Carolina Colony. Most of the Siouan peoples had migrated into the upper Midwest before European encounter.
In the late 18th century, the upper river was the site of the homestead of Francis Marion, a patriot of the American Revolutionary War. The original site of his homestead has been flooded by Lake Marion, which is named in his honor.
Construction of the 22-mile (35 km)-long Santee Canal, linking the river to the Cooper, was begun in 1793 and finished in 1800. It allowed direct water transportation between the Upcountry of central South Carolina and Charleston, at the mouth of the Cooper and the harbor. The canal operated for 50 years before being made obsolete by the introduction of railroads.
During the Great Depression, the state of South Carolina created the Santee Cooper power utility. The main source of electric power for the utility came through federal construction during the administration of President Franklin D. Roosevelt of a hydroelectric project inland from Charleston. Starting in 1939, the Santee River was dammed, forming lakes Marion and Moultrie, and diverting the river's flow into the Cooper River through a hydroelectric plant at Pinopolis. The WPA project was completed in 1941.
Though the project succeeded in providing cheap electricity to modernize rural South Carolina, unintended consequences were changes to the character of both the Cooper and Santee rivers below the project. Deprived of most its water flow, the Santee River became more saline and its ecosystem gradually changed below the dam. The Cooper River received more of the freshwater and sediment loads that used to flow into the Santee and carried them downstream. This has resulted in greatly increasing the dredging costs to keep Charleston Harbor operating as a port. In the 1980s, the Army Corps of Engineers built a diversion canal to send some water back into the Santee, partially mitigating this problem.
there is a Gardens Corner close to the Combahee River to the North West of Charleston
The Combahee River is a short blackwater river in the southern Lowcountry region of South Carolina formed at the confluence of the Salkehatchie and Little Salkehatchie rivers near the Islandton community of Colleton County, South Carolina. Part of its lower drainage basin combines with the Ashepoo River and the Edisto River to form the ACE Basin The Combahee empties into Saint Helena Sound near Beaufort, which in turn empties into the Atlantic Ocean.
The river is named for its first inhabitants, the Combahee tribe of Native Americans. Europeans settled the area as early as the 1680s, and so the Combahee and others of the Cusabo group are also known as Settlement Indians. Land was set aside for the Yemassee people along several rivers, including the Combahee. The Yemassee War of 1715-1717 saw skirmishes in the area.
On August 27, 1782, one of the last fights in the Revolutionary War took place along the Combahee River. The British made an attempt at foraging, which the Americans, headed by General Gist and Colonel John Laurens opposed. Laurens, the son of Henry Laurens, a former president of the Continental Congress, died in the action.
The Combahee River bordered and supplied the water for some of the largest, most productive rice plantations prior to the Civil War. It was the site of an important military incident during that conflict, the Raid at Combahee Ferry. This was a Union raid into the interior of South Carolina, which freed over 750 slaves. Harriet Tubman, an escaped slave herself, well known for leading others hundreds of miles to safety on the Underground Railway, led this endeavor on June 2, 1863. The bridge across the Combahee on US Highway 17 is the location today.