The most common use of ICON Images are to customise windows folders.
- download the image (this will normally be to your desktop or download folder) *********.icon
- Transfer the image to pictures folder
- Right click on folder or short cut that you want to customise.
- Select properties (at the very bottom)
- On a short cut click ‘Change icon’ button. For a folder select ‘customise’ tab then ‘Change Icon’ button
- Click ‘Browse’ button and open pictures folder. (Icon file type will be selected) there should only be a small number of images to choose from . Select the image you want.
- Click open button.
- A thumb nail image will show in the main frame, click ‘OK’
- Press ‘OK’ again.
The new image will replace the default folder image. You may need to open the folder / short cut before the image changes.
To restore the original icon follow steps a - e . Click ‘Restore Defaults’
The Icon download from this site is the property of John Lucas,
It is a ‘Royalty free file’ which is supplied free for non-commercial use only.
Using Customised ICON Images